Students who are required to register with the police will have a note on their Entry Clearance vignette (visa sticker) with one of the following endorsements:
- Pol Reg
- Police Registration
- Police Registration within 7 days of arrival
- Police Registration within 7 days of UK entry
- Police Registration within 7 days of arrival in the UK
Students will need to register with the Police within 7 days of arriving in the UK (excluding those students who are self-isolating due to COVID-19).
These students need to create an account on the Metropolitan Police website and complete the online registration form.
You will need the following information to complete your online registration
- Proof of your address in the UK
- Your CAS or Letter of Invitation
- 2 passport-style digital photos (https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports)
- Your visa vignette
- Tutor Contact (You can ask the registry or your faculty for your tutor contact details)
- Your Student ID number
Book a Police Registration Appointment
Once you have uploaded your photo you will be able to book an appointment. Choose the earliest available appointment within 7 days but don’t worry if the appointment you get is beyond the seven days of your entry or visa grant.
You will receive a booking confirmation email. Please keep this email safe as you will need it when you attend or need to reschedule your appointment.
Attending your appointment
You will need to take the following to your appointment:
- Passport with your visa vignette
- BRP Card (if you have one)
- CAS Letter / Letter of Invitation
- Proof of Address
- £34.00 (cash not accepted)
- Booking Confirmation