In partnership with ServiceNow and The Prince’s Trust, NCH is offering free-to-the-participant, 16 week-long, Skills Bootcamps in digital, with a guaranteed job interview upon successful completion.
Free Skills Bootcamp Launch
Skills Bootcamps are flexible* courses of 16 weeks duration, giving people the opportunity to build up sector specific skills and fast track to a real job interview with a local employer.
Skills bootcamps are part of the Government’s Lifetime Skills Guarantee and Plan for Jobs, They are developed in partnership with employers and providers, to help people develop the skills that are in demand and get a better job.
NCH recognises the importance of ensuring that those searching for a new occupation, or those wishing to improve skills in their current job role, get the training they need.
About the Skills Bootcamp
Bootcamps will be delivered flexibly*, using NCH’s blend of fully online: asynchronous, tutor-guided learning combined with synchronous, small group teaching.
Learners will need to dedicate 10-14 hours per week to online learning for the 16 week course duration.
During the Skills Bootcamp you will work to complete two 15 credit university level courses, which are designed to provide the foundation for a full degree or degree apprenticeship, as well as completing training in ServiceNow.
The course start dates are staggered, applicants will be assigned to start on either Monday 20 September, Monday 27 September, Monday 4 October, or Monday 11 October.
Skills Bootcamp Course Content at NCH?
Databases and data management systems are vital to organisations and the NCH Skills Bootcamps will provide participants with the knowledge and skills needed to manage these systems, alongside sought-after industry training in ServiceNow. The Skills Bootcamp will include:
- Introduction to Data Management Systems: This course explores how a wide range of enterprises around the world use information and information technology to create better managed, more innovative, and successful organisations.
- Introduction to Database Design and Development: This course will familiarise you with the underlying principles and concepts behind relational databases. You will learn how to design a relational database and use the reporting language SQL to interrogate them.
- ServiceNow Fundamentals: ServiceNow is a leading provider of digital workflows to unlock productivity. Using interactive activities – use cases and hands-on activities, you will cover the core ServiceNow concepts needed to get you started in the ServiceNow ecosystem.
What can I get out of joining the Skills Bootcamp?
- Regular sessions with a dedicated Learning Advisor to develop your Individual Learning Plan and support you to stay on track.
- High-quality teaching from experienced tutors, helping you gain digital skills that are in-demand with employers.
- A package of employability support tailored to you and aimed at ensuring you are successful in future job interviews.
- Subject to passing the optional assessments, you also will achieve 30 higher education learning credits, which could provide the foundation for further training, such as a full degree or degree apprenticeship.
- Upon successful completion, a guaranteed, real job interview with a sector-relevant employer.
The Skills Bootcamp is aligned to a range of apprenticeships and careers paths, providing excellent opportunities for continued study, training and employment. Related apprenticeships include:
Data Analyst, Business Analyst, Data Scientists and Digital and Technology Solutions Professional. Additional career pathways include IT Consultant, IT Project Manager, ServiceNow Practitioner, Informatics and Database Specialist.
Requirements for joining the Skills Bootcamp
To join the bootcamp you should be interested in starting or furthering a digital career, as there will be a guaranteed job interview upon successful completion.
- Be 19 years of age or over on starting.
- Have a prior level 3 qualification (e.g. A Level, BTEC), though applications based on work-related experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Be able to commit to 10-14 hours study time each week, for 16 consecutive weeks, to complete the course.
- Be available/flexible to attend scheduled classes and welcome sessions during the first three weeks of teaching.
- Be comfortable working independently and self-motivated to complete online learning.
- Have access to a computer and the internet, and a suitable quiet space to study.
- Have an appreciation of the benefits that a Skills Bootcamp offers.
- Be committed to moving into a digital career after completion, or using the new skills gained to progress in a current job role.
To apply to join the Bootcamp, please complete the application form below, applicants who meet eligibility requirements will then be invited to a virtual selection event the week commencing 16th August 2021.
Successful candidates will be notified shortly after and invited to an onboarding session with a Learning Advisor.
Eligible applicants aged 19-30 may be directed to the Prince’s Trust for additional employability and pastoral support.
If you have any further questions or would like to speak to a Learning Advisor before applying please contact us at Bootcamps@nchlondon.ac.uk
* Learners will study online, committing to between 10-14 hours each week.
Most of this study will occur at the participant’s convenience, however there
will be approximately 3-4 hours per week of pre-scheduled ‘live’, but
recorded, delivery that participants should do their utmost to attend.