Applications open for 2022 entry Get in touch

If you feel that you need extra support during your time at NCH, the Student Support and Development Team is available and you can contact them via:

If you feel you need urgent or emergency support please click on the following link: What to do in a Crisis

What support will you have at NCH?

For some students, the thought of studying in such a vast city as London may be daunting, but at NCH (the College) you will benefit from a warm, supportive, friendly community in a collegiate environment from which to launch yourself confidently into London life.

Our staff are friendly, approachable, responsive, and easy to contact. Whether you need guidance on day-to-day student life, academic matters, illness, or other worries, there is always someone who will listen and offer support.


After receiving your offer, you would have been introduced to your buddy by a member of the student recruitment team via email. It is possible that you have spoken to them already during your interview visit, offer holder event, or via the Unibuddy chat platform found on our website. Your buddy is a student ambassador either in their first or second year of study, studying either the same major or minor (sometimes both) as you. Once you enrol, they’ll be a friendly face to greet you during Freshers’ Week and is an additional point of support with any academic queries and to generally help you settle into life at the College.


You will get to know your tutors and lecturers from your very first day at the College. They will take a personal interest in your academic development both in the classroom and at the variety of subject-specific events that take place throughout the year. Your lecturers and tutors are your first port of call if you have any queries or concerns about your academic performance, workload or specific assignments.

Personal Tutors

You will be allocated a member of faculty as your personal tutor. They do not have direct academic responsibility for the students assigned to them but they are tasked with taking an interest in your general academic progress and welfare.

If a personal or medical emergency impacts your studies and you require an extended absence or essay extension, consult the Extenuating Circumstances Policy found in the NCH Academic Handbook.

Student & Academic Services

Rosalind Barrs (Registrar) and Valentina Parrinello (Academic Services Coordinator) can help you with orientation, registration, student finance, and assessments.

Student Support and Development

Student Support and Development (SSD) is available to help students with any personal or pastoral issues that might arise during their studies. We arrange support for disabled students and can offer additional support to students who are care leavers or estranged from their families.

The SSD is made up of seven staff working across a number of roles:

Student Support Coordinator – In addition to helping with any general concerns, the Support Coordinator specialises in helping students with money and student loan issues, support for care leavers and estranged students, and support for students facing barriers to attendance.

Student Wellbeing Coordinators – In addition to helping with any general concerns, the Wellbeing Coordinator specialises in supporting disabled students and students experiencing problems with their wellbeing.

Student Mental Health Advisers – Our Mental Health Advisers are here to provide individual practical support to students experiencing significant mental health difficulties.

NU Academic Adviser – The NU Academic Adviser is here to provide academic support to mobility students from Northeastern University studying at NCH.

Head of Student Support and Development – Responsible for managing the service and ensuring students receive the right support.

In addition to our in-house support, the SSD can help direct students to community and NHS services for specialist help. The team can also make referrals to counselling and coaching with external providers.

Students relocating to attend the College will need to ensure they register with a GP near their accommodation as soon as possible. The easiest way to find a GP near you is to use the NHS GP Finder website:  This will allow you to enter your postcode and create a list of GPs near you. Registering with a GP as quickly as possible will help ensure that you can access medical care promptly should you need it.

More detailed information about the support available at the College is in the Student Welfare Policy and Student Disability Policy.

If you have any questions or concerns or would like to discuss support, please contact Student Support and Development at


The Operations team ensures the smooth running of the College. We are in charge of financial management, corporate relationships, human resources, the upkeep of the Registry, IT facilities, and timetabling.