The online Master of Laws (LLM) program helps working lawyers master the complexities of the US law environment and global practice of law in a flexible learning format.
The Master of Laws (LLM) will be fully taught and awarded to successful students by our partner institution Northeastern University in Boston . Please click here for full details
Northeastern University offers a Master of Laws (LLM) program with a 100% online learning format option designed for internationally-trained lawyers and U.S.-trained lawyers to enhance their practical skills and foundational knowledge of the ever-changing U.S. legal environment, and the global practice of law. The online LLM program positions students to take advantage of Northeastern University’s global network through dynamic interactions that spark lively online discussions based on a wide range of issues, including intellectual property, technology, privacy and international business. As students prepare to assume leadership positions in law and business across the globe, they’ll navigate complex legal issues and analyze the way in which lawyers are increasingly called upon not only to provide legal expertise for their clients, but also to engage as partners in developing new models for businesses, nonprofits, and governments worldwide.
You’ll shape your own experiences in this program—drawing from industry-informed curriculum in three areas: Intellectual Property and Technology Law, International Business Law, and Bar Examination Preparation. Students who have obtained their first law degree outside the U.S. will gain substantive knowledge of U.S. law concepts to prepare for the California bar exam, and exams in other qualifying jurisdictions, including New York for students with appropriate training in certain common law countries through the Bar Examination Preparation Track.
Students will also have the opportunity to participate in an optional one week California legal immersion summer experience, where they will visit legal and governmental institutions in the San Francisco Bay Area, and learn real-world insights from legal leaders relating to the interplay between law, technology, and government. Through this experience, students will be able to apply the concepts they’re learning in their coursework in a real-world legal setting, giving them the confidence and credentials to take their careers to the next level.
- Optional one week legal immersion summer experience in Northern California
- Industry-informed curricular paths
- Applicants are automatically considered for merit-based scholarship
- Flexible learning format with courses offered 100% online, creating a global network of legal professionals
- Develop substantive knowledge of the U.S. law to prepare for the California bar exam, and exams in other qualifying jurisdictions, including New York for students with appropriate training in certain common law countries
- The Northeastern School of Law is ranked #1 for practical training by The National Jurist
California Legal Immersion Summer Experience
- Optional one week experience in Northern California
- Legal real-world insights from industry and legal leaders relating to the interplay between law, technology, and government
- Visit legal and governmental institutions in the the San Francisco Bay Area
|Meets F1 Visa Requirement:||
August 12, 2019
December 20, 2019