London Accommodation Options
We recommend, and reserve rooms in, six four accommodation providers in London for our Freshers. All of them are within close proximity of the College and easily accessible by public transport or bicycle.
You can choose between:
Choosing Your Housing
We recommend that you visit the accommodation halls to help you choose one that suits you. You’ll have the opportunity to see the various rooms and communal areas they offer, and get a feel for the facilities available in the hall and the local area.
Generally students are welcome to visit the halls whenever you want to, but viewings are more convenient between the hours of 9am and 5pm. You should contact each hall directly to arrange a visit.
If you can’t visit the halls, your NCH Buddy will be able to give you the low-down, and you can also find plenty of information here.
When to Book
We recommend that you book your accommodation as soon as possible and by 28th February to get the best choice of price and room. This is because accommodation is usually at the top of the to-do list for students, meaning the best deals and the best rooms get booked quickly.
What you'll need to confirm your booking
- Your budget: You’ll need to know how much you have in your budget to spend on accommodation each week, so that you can choose the right room to fit your budget.
- Your guarantor: You will be asked to provide the details of a guarantor – this could be a parent, guardian or other financial supporter. Make sure you ask their permission before providing their details.
- A credit or debit card: You’ll need this to pay your first week’s rent or a £250 deposit to guarantee your booking.
Book Helen Graham House
Step by step instructions to book Helen Graham House
- Go to the Helen Graham House booking website
- Complete the online enquiry form.
- Make sure you select Helen Graham House as the Property.
- You will be contacted with more details about how to book.
Book Tufnell House
You can reserve your accommodation, sharing a flat with other NCH Freshers at Tufnell House for 2018, here.
Book Mannequin House
You can reserve your accommodation, sharing a flat with other NCH Freshers at Mannequin House for 2018, here.
Step by step instructions to book at Urbanest:
- Go to the Urbanest booking website.
- Start by selecting your preferred location, room type and budget.
- Review the options available considering location, price, room type and facilities.
- Click on the Book Now button next to your chosen room.
- Complete the online form with accurate data.
- Select how you want to pay – you can choose to pay the full year in advance, or to pay monthly, or termly.
- Review your tenancy agreement, including your payment schedule, and click the Confirm & continue button.
- You’ll need to pay one week’s rent in advance to confirm your booking, and you can do this using a debit or credit card, or by bank transfer.
If none of our recommended options are right for you, then please do not worry, there are plenty of other accommodation options to consider. Please contact Emma Norman, our Student Wellbeing Coordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 20 7637 4550, directly if you’d like further information on alternatives.