The NCH alumni network
At New College of the Humanities, we’re proud to be at the heart of a community of brilliant, entrepreneurial and enthusiastic graduates, academics and professionals who together make up the NCH alumni. The NCH alumni network demonstrates that the experience of joining a small, intimate college not only renders life-long bonds with peers and faculty, but also provides the foundation for global partnerships and cooperation.
The College organises drinks for its alumni on a quarterly basis. These usually take place at a pub local to the College, and one that alumni may have frequented during their student days. In addition, an annual alumni reunion party is held at the College during the spring. We encourage graduates and staff to join us at drinks evening and alumni parties.
These events provide a relaxed opportunity for alumni to catch up with old friends and to meet and network with the wider NCH family.
NCH Master's Degrees
Alumni are eligible for a 20% discount on its tuition fees for Master’s degree programmes.
The College currently offers the following Master’s degrees:
We encourage alumni from any of the College’s disciplines to apply for these degrees as they are suitable as conversion degrees.
The Northeastern Double Husky
The College’s partnership with Northeastern University in Boston, USA, will provide exciting opportunities for our students and graduates. NCH alumni with a 2:1 degree or higher are eligible for a Northeastern University ‘Double HuskyScholarship’ offering a 25% discount on fees when accepted on to any Northeastern Master’s degree programme. Some of the diverse and innovative master’s degree that NCH graduates can study at Northeastern include:
- Master of Science in Criminology & Criminal Justice
- Master of Arts in Economics
- Master of Science in Engineering & Public Policy
- Master of Arts in English
- Master of Arts in History
- Master of Arts in Political Science
- Master of Science in Security & Resilience Studies
- Master of Science in Urban Informatics
- Master of Science in Environmental Science & Policy
- Master of Arts in International Affairs
- Master of Public Administration
- Master of Science in Public Policy
- Master of Science in Urban Planning & Policy
The College’s Alumni Committee comprises student and staff members of its community.
- Matthew Batstone, Chair
- Martin Smith
- Gaby Becker
- Elizabeth O’Connell
- Marius Sheldon
- Alfred Parry