The NCH Travel Fund has been designed to support School groups and individuals who wish to visit the university.
School groups or individuals who meet our specific criteria (outlined in the documents below) are assisted with the cost of travel to outreach-related activities or the following events:
Student Shadowing Days
Outreach events on campus
To claim travel expenses, you must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Attending an under-performing UK state school
- Have been in/or are currently under Local Authority Care
- Are estranged from your parents and/or guardians and thus independent
- Eligible for pupil premium or in receipt of free school meals (FSM)
- Living in a Low Participation Neighbourhood
- If your parents/guardians are unemployed or your household income is less than £42,870
All expense claims must be supported with valid receipts.
Please note when planning your journey that you should book the cheapest ticket (economy-class) and the most direct route to the College.
Please also note that we can only reimburse travel expenses for you, and not plus ones.
Please find a list of eligible schools on our Aspiring State Schools and Colleges page