Applications open for 2022 entry Apply now

NCH Alumni Spotlight: Simra Khadam

NCH London | October 13, 2021

Welcome to the fifth edition of the NCH Alumni Spotlight, a series where we catch up with our alumni to find out where they are now and how studying at NCH helped them!

If you missed our previous Spotlight edition with Ruben, click HERE to read.

Today, we’ll be talking to NCH Alumni, Simran Khadam.

Simran graduated in 2019 and entered the busy world of work and ultimately decided on the career path she wanted to pursue – compliance.

Simran took some time out to let us know about working in her current role as a Compliance Analyst and how she decided this was the role for her.

What is your name and current role?

Simra Khadam, Compliance Analyst

Where do you work?

Charles Russell Speechlys

How would you explain your role?

I am responsible for verifying and identifying new clients that join the firm, ensuring we are taking a risk-based approach, ensuring fee earners are up to date with current Anti-Money Laundering regulations and ensuring the firm is doing the correct before onboarding any clients.

What course did you study at NCH and why did you choose this course?

Law LLB. Initially, I wanted to be a solicitor and this was the route I believed at the time was good for me.

How would you describe your overall NCH experience?

It was a combination of stressful but exciting, I made excellent friends and met some interesting people. It was a great place for self-development.

Tell us about your career journey after NCH.

I graduated in 2019. I worked at Shoosmiths in Reading as a Conflicts Analyst and Client Services Administrator, here I realised I wanted a career in compliance and began to upskill. I was then given the opportunity to work at a global offshore law firm, Walkers Global in the Cayman Islands as a compliance analyst, the work was complex, fast-paced and interesting. It was interesting to see the risk appetite of an offshore law firm. I resigned and have now taken up a position at CRS in their compliance department.

How has your time at NCH contributed to your career/current role?

I think I have definitely become entrepreneurial due to being at NCH. I have now started my own business, The Corporate Collective – which is for helping students to build the tools and resources for their corporate careers.

If you had one piece of advice for a prospective NCH student, what would it be?

Pick a degree you love!

For more information about our alumni destinations or to submit yourself for our NCH Alumni Spotlight feature, contact our Director of Careers – Vaibhav Rustagivaibhav.rustagi@nchlondon.ac.uk