Searching for a way to get into digital but don’t know how? Wanting to improve your digital skills for your current role? Well, look no further.
In partnership with ServiceNow and The Prince’s Trust, New College of the Humanities are running a free-to-the-participant Skills Bootcamp in Digital with a guaranteed job interview upon successful completion.
About the Skills Bootcamp
Skills bootcamps are 16-week courses that are developed in partnership with employers and providers, to help people develop skills that are in demand and get a better job. NCH have designed this bootcamp to give everyone the chance to develop sector specific skills and, if searching for a new job, fast track them to a job interview with a local employer.
The Skills Bootcamp will be fully online using a blend of asynchronous, tutor-guided learning and synchronous, small group teaching. During the Skills Bootcamp you will work to complete two 15-credit university level courses, which are designed to provide the foundation for a full degree or degree apprenticeship, as well as completing training in ServiceNow.
The course start dates are staggered, applicants will be assigned to start on either Monday 20 September, Monday 27 September, Monday 4 October, or Monday 11 October.
What do I get out of it?
The Skills Bootcamp is designed to help you achieve success in your digital career. To ensure this, NCH have developed a dedicated programme tailored to your individual needs.
You will benefit from regular sessions with a dedicated Learning Advisor, high-quality teaching from experienced tutors, a tailored employability package, a job interview with a sector-relevant employer, along with much more.
For more information on the benefits of the Skills Bootcamp, please follow this link.
Who can apply?
You don’t have to already be employed in a digital role to apply for the Skills Bootcamp. As long as you have a keen interest in starting or progressing your digital career, that’s good enough for us!
Of course there are a few more requirements, so make sure to read the list below before applying:
- Be 19 years of age or over on starting.
- Have a prior level 3 qualification (e.g. A Level, BTEC), though applications based on work-related experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Be able to commit to 10-14 hours study time each week, for 16 consecutive weeks, to complete the course.
- Be available/flexible to attend scheduled classes and welcome sessions during the first three weeks of teaching.
- Be comfortable working independently and self-motivated to complete online learning.
- A keen interest in and drive to learn more about information technology and how data management and workflow systems are used to drive performance
- Have access to a computer and the internet, and a suitable quiet space to study.
- Have an appreciation of the benefits that a Skills Bootcamp offers.
- Be committed to moving into a digital career after completion, or using the new skills gained to progress in a current job role.
The Skills Bootcamp in Digital can also be used by employers as a cost-effective, flexible way to retrain or upskill existing staff, for example, by helping employees transfer into digital roles within their organisation.
Employers interested in training existing staff through the Bootcamp should contact email@example.com.
How do I apply?
Applying for this course could not be easier, simply follow the link below and fill out the form.
Applicants who meet eligibility requirements will then be invited to a virtual selection event the week commencing 16th August 2021.
Successful candidates will be notified shortly after and invited to an onboarding session with a Learning Advisor.
Eligible applicants aged 19-30 may be directed to the Prince’s Trust for additional employability and pastoral support.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any additional information or help completing the application form.