From today, and until otherwise advised, NCH students and staff must notify the College of any symptoms of illness, guidance to self-isolate, or travel outside the UK.
The decision to implement these new procedures is a response to ongoing developments relating to the COVID–19 virus and based on a combination of the latest guidance from various government bodies, our university partners, and sector best practice.
Our key objectives in taking this action are to safeguard the health and wellbeing of our students, staff and the wider community.
The requirements below apply to staff employed by NCH at Northeastern Ltd and to students on NCH London’s own degree programmes. Northeastern students will continue to follow their own protocols as set out by the University.
What to do if you become ill or have visited an affected area?
- Students or staff who become ill should follow the NHS and Public Health England guidelines and call 111 to discuss their symptoms and whether to self-isolate.
- Students must complete this form at the earliest opportunity to notify them of the situation and any instructions provided by NHS 111.
- Staff must notify their line managers and HR if they are unwell, and complete this form.
What to do if you travel?
Students and staff travelling outside the UK must notify the College via this form of their travel information, including their dates of travel and a list of each town or region to be visited and where they will be staying.
Students on Tier 4 Visas
While it has not made any announcement on the matter, we have been advised that the UKVI understands the unique nature of the current situation and that there may be instances when Tier 4 students miss classes because they have to self-isolate. We have been reassured that there should be no issues for Tier 4 students who are advised to self-isolate and, as a result, miss classes.
We continue to monitor the situation and will keep students and staff informed of any developments and changes, primarily via email. Other communications such as text messages from the College may be used to supplement these communications.
How to prevent and slow the spread of COVID–19
In the meantime, we continue to ask our community to comply with current advice from the UK government, which is:
Wash your hands more often, especially:
- when you get to work/college or arrive home
- after you blow your nose, cough or sneeze
- before you eat or handle food
- You should wash your hands for 20 seconds, using soap and water or hand sanitiser.
- You should cough or sneeze into tissues before binning them.
What to do if you feel unwell?
- Go to www.nhs.uk for information about the virus and how to protect yourself.
- Use the 111 online coronavirus service to check if you need medical help.
If you have plans to travel outside the UK