APPLICATIONS OPEN FOR 2020 Apply online

My Accelerate Experience (2)

NCH London | November 14, 2019

“I am beyond thankful for the amazing experience I had at Northeastern’s Accelerate: Pre-College Program.

From abstract art to chair-building, pastel drawing to collage, every day of the ‘Design Discovery’ program was made so interesting, engaging and inspiring thanks to the amazing staff that guided us. Having the opportunity to learn skills such as photoshop was invaluable, and made me realise how such a skill can transform basic images into, essentially, digital artworks.

Beyond being given the opportunity to work in the brilliant ‘Maker’s Spaces’ at Northeastern, the activities off campus as well as the freedom to explore the campus itself was wonderful. The balance of time between the program and extra activities was really well organised, and the options were always very inclusive and varied. It was really great to have the time to explore Boston itself, from cannolis at the North End, shopping at Newbury Street and Faneuil Hall, to watching a Red Sox game at Fenway Park. I feel I was able to experience ‘Boston life’ as much as I did ‘college life’ at Northeastern. I genuinely felt so well looked after on the course. Not only was the food amazing, but the relationship we all had with the staff members and councillors was really special and I always felt safe. In addition to the activities organised for us by the program staff, the option to stay on campus in the evenings is something I look back on with great fondness. Being able to use the soccer field, gym, or even just being able to sit outside in the grounds of the university, were times that I formed some great friendships.

Before starting this course, I was so worried. However, I can honestly say that they were two of the best weeks ever. I feel so fortunate to have had this opportunity and to have met the most amazing people. I could not have asked for a better home for those weeks of my summer.”

– Florence, Accelerate 2019

To learn more about the Accelerate Program for 2020, click here.