APPLICATIONS OPEN FOR 2020 Apply online

Helen Graham House Review

Aleksander Mielnikow | May 22, 2019

I moved into Helen Graham House (HGH) in September 2018 and I am planning to stay here for at least the next 2 years. In my opinion, it is the best accommodation and here’s why:

It is close to NCH: It takes just 5 minutes to get to the college. Have you seen NCH’s video about accommodations? Yes, it is true. I do really go through British Museum to get to HGH. Especially, when you come back from Senate House Library, you will realise that it is much faster to go through the museum rather than going around it.

You will save a lot of money: For most of my time in London, I did not have an Oyster Card. I used contactless payments, if I needed to attend a meeting or visit my friends who lived far away from me. Apart from that, I can just walk as the most of events take place in the city centre. Would you like to attend a conference at SOAS? Just 8 minutes walking. Student Central? 10 minutes LSE? 13 minutes. Thanks to HGH, everything seems close in London.

HGH is very international: I prepare my breakfast with a friend from Spain. I eat my lunch with a Chinese student from SOAS. I chat with a mate from LSE while eating a dinner. As you can see, HGH makes it possible to meet new friends without even leaving your kitchen.

Those are my top 3 reasons why you should choose HGH. It might not be for every one but I recommend you book an appointment to check this accommodation and make sure that it is right for you.

If you have any questions, contact me on Unibuddy!

Aleksander Mielnikow

Aleksander Mielnikow is a current student at New College of the Humanities. Read his blog entries here.