APPLY NOW FOR CLEARING 2019 Get an immediate offer

My Favourite Things to do in London

Scarlett Swain | April 3, 2019

London really does offer you an unbelievable amount of opportunity on so many levels… I love it so much, that I thought I would do a blog post about a few of my favourite things to do…

If you enjoy going to lectures outside the subject area that you are studying, or expanding your knowledge in the area that you are studying, then there are loads of London universities that offer open lectures – that are free to go to in the evenings. I personally, love going to lectures that the London School of Economics (LSE) offers. UCL, and Kings also offer some great ones too. So, if you feel like expanding outside of NCH, then you can get the benefits of other London unis as well! It is a great way to meet people from other unis as well, which I believe is a very important thing to do.

There are so many cool bars that you can go to, and it seems like London just have an endless supply of unique bars. So whatever kind of vibe that you are looking for, you will be able to find it. Apps such as DUSK, are really helpful in terms of finding the best deals for drinks in London. Sometimes you can go to bars and try their new drinks for free, or you can get great discounts. It is completely possible to go out in London on a student budget, as long as you do it tactically.

I also love running, both for my physical and mental health. I have never been a fan of going to the gym, and have always preferred running outside – which easy in the Kent countryside back home. When I moved to London, I thought this was going to be a big problem, as I didn’t much fancy running alongside busy roads in the city. However, I discovered just how wonderful London parks are! Hampstead Heath is my favourite place to go running, and it is so big and beautiful that you wouldn’t even know you are in London! There are lots of other wonderful parks as well, such as Primrose Hill and Hyde Park. And the best part, it’s completely free!

There are loads of other wonderful things that London offers, but to be honest, everyone falls in love with London for their own personal reasons. So, you have to explore and find these things for yourself. But, rest assured, you will find something! As Samuel Johnson says: “when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford.”